HMO / Multi-lets  – Free No Obligation Illustration


Tax Refunds & Mitigation For Property Investors

Do you pay TAX?
Do you own a multi-let or registered HMO property?
Do you want your tax back?
100% success for cases we take on
We work with your accountant for a seamless process or help you claim yourself

We are HMOTAX, the HMO & Multi-let Capital Allowances claims professionals.  Our service is highly specialised and involves claiming tax  refunds for you.

We are specialists in Capital Allowances claims, and use our Accountancy, Quantity Surveying and tax law skills to maximise your tax relief, and you can benefit from:

  • No claim, no fee
  • No separate surveying  costs
  • Can be used against ANY income stream – Called Sideways Loss Relief (SLR)
  • Doesn’t affect your CGT position
  • Full Professional Indemnity cover
  • 100% HMRC success record
  • Legislated under CAA2001 (Part 2)

If you own a House in Multiple Occupation (Multi-let / HMO’s / Student lets), it is very likely that you are entitled to unclaimed Capital allowances for the communal (non-‘dwelling’) parts of your investment property and many of the associated fixed assets.

Capital Allowances have been around since 1878, yet they are almost never claimed, or often claimed incorrectly. In fact HMRC have said that over 90% of eligible properties have not claimed the tax that is due.

Anyone who has an investment property is entitled to claim these allowances.

  • Key Worker accommodation
  • Dentists / Doctors shared properties
  • Student Lets
  • Multi-Lets
  • Professional Lets
  • Licensed and unlicensed HMO’s
  • Holiday Lets (UK & EU)

Capital Allowances – what are they?

Plant & Machinery Allowances, relate to the tax relief associated with certain qualifying items, or assets within the ‘non-dwelling areas’ of HMO, multi occupancy properties and student lets/ halls of residence.

Each year, you can deduct a proportion of your capital outlay (purchase cost) associated with these non-dwelling areas P&M assets from your taxable income, therefore reducing your tax bill.

Once we have identified, valued and documented these qualifying items from our site survey, you can reclaim previously paid Income tax, reduce your current year income tax liability, or roll forward the allowances until such time when they are required.

Unlike normal rental losses which can only be rolled forward until such time that the property makes a profit, Capital Allowances claimed on the property, are ‘set-off’ against any income stream!